Submitted by mountainskater on Thu, 02/02/2017 - 10:06
Happy 2017! I hope all have recovered from the storms and are back to skating as expected. 2017 promises to be another busy year with our spring exhibition, a growing Learn to Skate program and Ice in the Pines this August.
As a club, our biggest expense is our monthly payment to the city for ice time. The board has been reviewing our expenses and recognized that we have been spending more for ice than what we have been collecting in ice fees. On average, we are losing $1000/month for ice time we pay for but do not collect from skaters. Our current by-laws prohibit the club from supplementing ice time and it is not a sustainable set up for our club to proceed as is. As a result, the Board has voted for the following changes, effective March 1, 2017.
- Dropping Saturday Ice - Our attendance at Saturday ice is very low and we often have no skaters using the early morning time. Paying for sessions that aren’t used is unsustainable
- Revising the monthly fee structure – In an effort to set up a sustainable financial structure for the club, the monthly ice fee structure will change to include a flat unlimited rate ($100) per month and our existing $15 walk on rate
- Remember that ice monitors can reduce their dues by helping out!
We recognize that the expense of skating is taxing for all families and can assure you that this decision was not made lightly. This structure more closely models how other clubs manage their ice fees and should position the FFSC to keep Flagstaff ice skating.
for the FFSC Board Read more about Monthly Ice Fees effective March 1, 2017
Submitted by mountainskater on Thu, 02/02/2017 - 09:59
FFSC members, and members of other USFSA clubs, are welcome to skate as walk-ons on FFSC sessions. Members of other USFSA clubs must:
- Must be a current member of a USFSA club
- Sign a waiver (once per season). Waivers are available in the staff office at the south end of the lobby hall
- Pay the walk on fee ($15 per session). Payment envelopes and a dropbox are in the staff office. You can also pay via PayPal on our Club Ice page
- Check in with the Ice Monitor and turn in their music
- Sign in- next to your name, check off the session(s) skated on the sign-in sheet. If you're a non-member or a new member, write your name on the sheet
All skaters using FFSC ice (except coaches) must pay for their ice time Read more about Walk-On Procedure
Submitted by mountainskater on Tue, 01/31/2017 - 08:37
Submitted by mountainskater on Sun, 01/29/2017 - 13:01
Submitted by mountainskater on Fri, 01/20/2017 - 14:33
Submitted by mountainskater on Wed, 01/18/2017 - 13:52
During major snowstorms, the rink may be closed. The board will notify members of known closures by email, on our website, Facebook, and Twitter as soon as we get the word from rink staff. If you are unsure whether the rink is open, check your email, or call rink staff at 774-1051. Do NOT drop skaters off at the rink without checking to be sure it's open. Read more about Snow Closures
Submitted by mountainskater on Mon, 01/02/2017 - 13:37
Submitted by mountainskater on Fri, 12/23/2016 - 08:58
There are no Saturday club ice times the rest of December. The rink will be closed Christmas (Sunday) and Monday, January 2, but will be open for our normal club ice on New Years Day. Read more about Holiday Ice Times
Submitted by mountainskater on Thu, 12/22/2016 - 15:09
Submitted by mountainskater on Wed, 12/07/2016 - 06:38